Exhibit: February 29 – April 15, 2016
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 3, 6-8pm
Landmark is primarily an exhibition about place – its history and importance. Members of CAW briefly toured Fort Hayes, experiencing the hundreds year old buildings and foundations, uncovering myths and legends, and collecting inspiration to create the many works included in the show. Excavating for inspiration may lead some to consider other aspects of the word landmark, bringing depth and breadth to this benchmark exhibition. Landmark challenges you to consider what serves as a guide or beacon in your life; what is the watershed moment after which everything changed; what stands out in your landscape or marks your boundary; where is your place.
We would love to have some images of in-progress and finished work for postcard and on-line promotion. Please send to email@example.com, with “LANDMARK Photos” in the subject line
Tour of site: November 16, 5:30pm (arrive at the Shot Tower Gallery by 5:15)
- View the powerpoint presentation
- View the folder structure on the CD (building names, etc.)
- Googled “The Badlands, Fort Hayes, Columbus, Ohio” not much info on this .
Scroll down for some links.
- Donna’s pics
Important Dates and info for our Members:
Process Meeting: January 7 at Tacocat 7-9p
Title Card: Form Due February 12
Install: February 24-26
Pick-up: April 18-22, 12-7pm
re: The Badlands, Fort Hayes, Columbus, Ohio
- Flickriver- Photoset ‘Fort Hayes, OH (near downtown Columbus)’ by army.arch.webloc
- Fort Hayes in Historical Photographs.webloc
- Fort Missoula Buildings | Just another WordPress site.webloc
historic images from the presentation CD.
If you want to know about a specific building, follow the link to the folder structure: